Applications are now open for the Romanian Government Scholarship Opportunities 2020 offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Romania for the academic year 2020 – 2021.
The scholarship opportunities are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
The Scholarships are offered in these programs:
Romanian culture and civilization
Political and Administrative Sciences
Social and Human Sciences
Oil and Gas
Scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of medicine, dental medicine, and pharmacy.
In order to promote the Romanian language and culture among foreign citizens, the beneficiaries of scholarships granted by the Romanian state should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
Romanian Scholarship Opportunities 2020 detail:
- Host Country : Romania
- Number of Scholarships : 85
- Financial Coverage : Partially Funded
- Programs Offered : Architecture, visual arts, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, political and administrative sciences, education sciences, social and human sciences, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine
- Deadline : 16 March 2020
- Language of Study : Romanian
- Free-of-charge tuition
- Free-of-charge accommodation
- Financial support
- It does not cover food, international and local transport.
- Foreign citizens except for EU member states.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited/recognized educational institutions, have good results in education.
- The applicant for the scholarship is not, until 31 December of the year in which he/she was nominated, more than 35 years of age for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies.
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence.
- The MFA application form for a scholarship in Romania filled correctly.
- The MER application form for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania.
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required.
- Legalized copies of matriculation sheets/diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable.
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian.
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport.
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies.
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant.
- 2 Recent Passport Size Photos
The application deadline is 16 March 2020.
Announcement of results
The selection results for Romanian Government Scholarship Opportunities 2020 will be announced by 15 June 2020, to each diplomatic mission that has submitted application files to the MFA.
How to apply
Application files must be submitted through diplomatic missions. Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MER (Ministry of Education and Research )
For further details click on the “Further Details” Button below: