Australia Awards Scholarships provide opportunities to students from developing countries to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Australia Awards Scholarships Details
- Host Country: Australia
- University: Any of the Participating Australian Institutions
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate Programmes
- Financial Coverage: Partially Funded
Australia Awards are available for all the academic programs except training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Australia Awards Scholarships Benefits
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered to the individual to complete the Australian higher education institution’s academic programs, including any preparatory training. The shortlisted students will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Tuition fees
- Return air travel ticket for a single return
- Establishment Allowance only once as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, and study materials
- Living Expenses as a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid as determined by the relevant department
- Introductory Academic Program is a compulsory program before the commencement of formal academic studies covering living and studying information in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the award provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs
- Pre-course English fees if deemed necessary for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- Supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success.
- Fieldwork may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their citizenship or within Australia.
Australia Awards Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible to receive Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year.
- Not be current A serving military personnel.
- Not have previously received a long-term Australia Award.
- Have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken.
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa.
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved.
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas or with the managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed
Read the complete eligibility criteria in the Australia Awards Policy Handbook
- Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the scholarship conditions.
- Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
How to Apply
- Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS).
- Register yourself answering some questions to check your eligibility.
- You will be given a unique registration number, username and password.
- Do not need to submit your application RIGHT AWAY, set up a draft application and update it, and your supporting documentation, until the designated closing date as on the relevant participating country profile. When you submit your application, it cannot be edited.
- If you are unable to submit your application online, you can apply by mail. For Pakistan apply here. [email protected]
- Completed hard copy application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline specified by your country.
- Refer to the Applicant’s Online User Manual if you need help.
Scholarship Opening and Closing Dates
Opening Date: 1 February 2021
Closing date: June 01, 2021